Praetorian Guard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warrior, Arms

3 posters

Go down

Warrior, Arms  Empty Warrior, Arms

Post  Blâze Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Arms

Why do arms?
Well for one thing the same spec does well in PVE and PVP. So you use the same moves in both.

What talents should i use?
I could tell, but you are young Paduan and that is a secret only known to truly excellent Warriors ... which must be kept from Paladins, Death Knights and Rogues at all costs. Lets just say that you will find Wowiki your much needed new friend.

What rotation should I use?
Always start with Battle Shout, Charge and Rend, then look to apply the following with sufficient rage ... Colussus Smash, Mortal Strike, Overpower, Heroic Strike the rest then is opportunity action ... Sweeping Strikes / Cleave ... trinket adds for more dps then Blade Storm and if you get a change Demoralising Shout, Hamstring, Victory Rush and Slam.

What about interrupts?
Spell user - use pummel, All types Heroic Leap and Throw Down. Thunderclap at your peril - its a good attention grabber but your tank wont appreciate it. Your healer will if the tank cant maintain agro on the whole mob. You effectively become an off tank in each party for no reason other than your plate armour. Use it wisely but sparingly.

What about rage management?
The rotation largely looks after it although Deadly Calm usage at high rage is a real bonus.

What about shouts?
Battle shout is your DPS friend (and your party's). Keep it up unless the healer is particularly poor or there are two Warrior DPS in the same party and you agree to maintain different Shouts. In those instances, use Commanding Shout. Get off Demoralising Shout ahead of your cool downs as it all stacks.

So, if i do the rotation I will automatically be the best DPS ever?
Sadly, no.
No matter how you try and look at it, good skill in poor gear is still poor dps. However, poor skill in good gear is unpardonable. As you use the rotation, watch the timers in the icons and improvise from time to time. Done correctly, you can keep the tank alive by 'accidentally' taking agro. The Rallying Cry is a way to help out the heals or other party members when they appear in trouble - I tend to save it for when 1 person is 30% health. Throw Down has saved many dps and healers in the groups I run with.

So I will be recognised as the awesome skilled Warrior that I am?
Again, sadly no.
Every other class thinks they are top of their respective trees. When you perform well expect a "good job all" at the end without being singled out. When you save someones butt they are too busy at that time to say "TY" or too embarassed later that a mere Warrior had to help them out. Instead, expect to see some derogative remark at the healer or the tank. Mostly, Arms Warriors will stay below the radar and be 'tolerated' by others whilst they secretly wish that you were a Death Knight or Paladin.

So why would I play a Warrior in the first place?
Because you truly want to become skilled at the game. Every other class has abilities you can dream of but in a game mechanical view they use upto 4 keys or so to get the job done. Some are so lazy they dont even move whilst the Boss is torturingly dragging you from one side of your screen to the other. Warriors use anything up to 10 moves per fight ... not counting the party buffs of Battle Shout and Demoralising Shout.

Is there anything else I need to know?
Heaps, but that is for a later day.

Hit hard, hit often, hit high and interrupt the enemy before they really hurt you or your friends. Oh yes, and have FUN. You are the best! - if someone else doesnt get that then just smile and move on.

Blâze
Blâze
Blâze
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Warrior, Arms  Empty Re: Warrior, Arms

Post  Fleety Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Haha, very nice blaze Wink
Fleety
Fleety
Administrator
Administrator

https://praetorianaus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Warrior, Arms  Empty *sniff*

Post  Fenodyre Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

I almost had a tear then, as I thought of how hard done by you poor warrior types are, but I didn't so there! cheers
Fenodyre
Fenodyre
Triumverate
Triumverate

Back to top Go down

Warrior, Arms  Empty Re: Warrior, Arms

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum