Praetorian Guard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst wipe of all time

2 posters

Go down

Worst wipe of all time Empty Worst wipe of all time

Post  Blâze Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Did I mention that I tanked? Maybe you can imagine where this is going ... but no ... you can't.

Recently our guild compeleted the BLACK TEMPLE raid. Well on occasion in question my first guild turned up with 4 MIGHTY level 80 heroic geared experienced adventurers and about 6 level 75+ guild "hacks" - mainly clothies. The first mob was targeted, strategy had been planned down to the last detail for the surrounding mobs and a ready check was all in order. The raid was in the bag and all we had to do was start. As my finger descended on the charge icon a strange thing happened ... i didn't dc as you know it but the loading screen appeared. I had no idea what was going on and had to wait a full 3 seconds (painfully long when tanking) for the screen to clear and show me the whole raid dead at my feet.

So what happened?

We all (10) appear to have pressed a key to move forward at the same time. The instance was over in less than 0.5 second with 3 mobs agro at once and carnage from front, left and right. All had the screen of death appear and none could react (even the priests best known to preserve ones purse by bubbling and running out rather than healing the tank and working the game ... not that I hold a grudge at all).

It was maddening but we realised that there weren't "enough" well geared peeps in a large raid.

Ilidan has been laughing at me for 2+ years. It was very satisfying being with you and returning the favour.
Blâze
Blâze
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Worst wipe of all time Empty Re: Worst wipe of all time

Post  Fleety Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Revenge is a dish best served with a gyblet.
Fleety
Fleety
Administrator
Administrator

https://praetorianaus.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down